Monday, November 1, 2010

Today is Today

Invitation:
     If you are a dreamer, come in, if you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hop-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer... if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!
-Shel Silverstein.

Once i heard my friend say, "Don't take today for granted." My first thought upon that piece of advice was 'why would i do that?'
which is probably what we all would think. So what is the point of my friend walking around wasting his breath on all that then?
Well as it turns around and about deep inside my head and heart my conscience told me that we all take today for granted. Every split moment to be exact.
Why if we were not taking this very day for granted wouldn't we make better decisions? Wouldn't i be sky diving instead of typing? And would you not be calling your mother instead of reading this blog?
What do you regret?

(I must take credit for this picture above)

No comments:

Post a Comment